Recipe: Black Dinah Chocolatiers Drinking Chocolate Brownies
Makes 1 9-inch pan of brownies.
Obviously, I used a round cake pan for my brownies, because that's all I had. The shape of the pan does not make the brownies taste better or worse, so if you would prefer to use a square pan, by all means, please do.
This recipe is essentially the same recipe that appears on the back of our 12-ounce packages of Classic Dark, Dirty Chai, and Spiced Ancho Drinking Chocolate mixes. However, I've cut it in half in the event that you are not cooking for the entire neighborhood.
3/4 cup butter (6 ounces or 1-1/2 sticks)
6 ounces (1/2 bag) BDC Classic Bittersweet, Ancho Chile, or Extra Dirty Chai Drinking Chocolate mix
3/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 x 9 baking pan, and then line the pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the butter into chunks and place that and the sipping chocolate mix into a heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over just boiled water, and allow to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Place the eggs, salt, and the sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer and beat with the whisk attachment until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture falls in thick ribbons from the beater. 6-10 minutes. Beat in the vanilla. Remove the bowl from the stand mixer.
- When the chocolate mixture is melted and perfectly smooth, stir it by hand into the egg mixture. Next, stir in the flour, scraping the bowl once.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan, even out the top with an offset spatula, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a knife stuck into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the brownies, cut into slices or squares and serve with cold milk, espresso, or stout.
Leave a comment